August 26, 2012

More Postinho?

On Friday night the plan was to go to a new place called O Rei Do Espeitinho, which means King of the Kabobs, but the place was pretty packed. Also, there were a ton of families there, so it seemed odd for us to meet friends there for drinks and snacks. So where else could we go? Postinho. I can't complain, the food is delicious and the service is always good. I've never been to Postinho and had a bad time, and this time I had my camera!
This is Postinho. I realize it doesn't look very exciting, but it really is. See the gas pumps? Friday was busy enough that they have to set up tables in front of the pumps, but on a less busy night, you'll be snacking on french fries and smelling gasoline as someone fills up. In this picture our table is the one behind the yellow box that says SKOL on it. Yuri is in red standing up.

Calabresa e batatas fritas (Fried kielbasa and french fries)

It was a great time as usual, and no door knob disasters occurred when we got home. We asked the waiter to take our picture, of the whole table, and he did. About 65 percent of us have our eyes closed, so I'll pass on posting that one.

Yesterday was kind of a lazy day. Yuri had some standardized tests so I went to hang out with his cousins.  Earlier that morning when his alarm went off, it scared me so badly that I bumped my head on the bedside table and now have a nice little gash near my eye. It's a good look for me, really. So a good portion of the day yesterday was spent joking about my injury. We also watched a movie and a Brazilian spelling bee, which actually was very interesting to me considering I'm trying to learn Portuguese. 

Yuri came to meet me at his Tia Sandra's house and we stuck around to play some video games because it was raining. We headed home sort of early because he had another test today at 8AM, ate a quick dinner of rice, beans and chicken nuggets, and headed to bed. 

What's in store for today? We don't know. We've been invited to Tia Sandra's for lunch, but Yuri spied some handmade fries being made upstairs, we we're not sure where we're headed yet. Will post more soon!

1 comment: