August 24, 2012

Postinho!

My first night here there were lots of new friends for me to meet. Where could we all meet? Postinho. For those of you that haven't read the earlier parts of my blog, Postinho is half gas station, half bar. In Brazil gas stations are called "posto de gasolina" which means that Postinho translates to little station. The food is excellent there, it's mostly appetizers and things for sharing but you can definitely get full meals there as well. They also have a Japanese portion of the menu. I didn't take my camera because we walked, and it was raining, but I got a good picture of us before we left.
So I met the friends, they're all gente boa (good people). We made plenty of jokes, and Yuri taught me how to say, "que mulecona" which basically means, what a sissy. It was definitely a fun night.

Everything was fine and dandy when we came back, until I headed upstairs to go to the bathroom. When I came back down the door wouldn't open. The knob has been broken for sometime now. So in the middle of the night, from both sides of the door we turned and turned and turned the knob and it refused to open. I ended up laying down a spare mattress and catching my Z's there! In the morning I waited for Tia Andrea to wake up and had her come bust down the door. And she sure did. So it's broken for sure now!

Today was a beautiful day, but I needed some serious sleep. After a little reorganizing of my suitcases and a good shower and a loooong nap I'm positing all we've done so far to catch everyone up to speed. The plans for tonight are still up in the air. There seems to be some sort of Churrasco (which is kind of like a Brazilian BBQ) going on upstairs at home, but we've also been invited out to a new bar that's specialty is kabobs. Mmm! Either way I'll be sure to get good pictures tonight :)

1 comment: