January 26, 2012

Guarapari!

I had hoped to post these yesterday, but we ended up going out to watch a soccer game. I'll post pictures of that another day! These pictures are from the beach that's up the coast from Ubu. It's a lot more crowded than Ubu and it's next to a good sized city with tons of shopping and restaurants. The water was so much brighter there. I'm nuts and didn't wear a bathing suit so we parked ourselves at a restaurant where I had my very first caipirinha.

The drive in
Did I mention it was crowded?
The water!!
The rockier side of the beach

That truck back there? FULL OF COCONUTS!!
The one, the only, caipirinha.
Bruno and Larissa
A picture that escaped the weird fruits post! Here we bought Jambo, I'd call it a Brazilian plum almost. I forgot this one in my weird fruits post!
Red, white and blue!
We saw all sorts of big trolly's and buses that were shaped funny. This one is the "Big worm of happiness"!

3 comments:

  1. Daughter you look so beautiful! Did you like the drink? It looks yummy. Bummer you didn't bring your suit! Connor would love that bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't Brazilians keep Speedos in their fanny packs for beach emergencies? Or is that the Germans?

    Can you get any more funky bus pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did like my caipirinha, it was strong, but tasty. Nate, I'm pretty sure that's Germans since Brazilians shamelessly wear their speedos everywhere! Not sure if I'll be able to get more funky bus pics because I don't know if we'll make it back to Guarapari. If we go I'll definitely do my best.

    ReplyDelete