September 13, 2012

Ladies Night!

Yesterday while Camila and I were at the gym she asked me if I wanted to go out for Japanese food with her and few other girls. I told her I'd never had Japanese food but I'd love to go! It was an opportunity for me to try something new and pick up some new vocab.

There only ended up being three of us, but we had a great time. We each ordered "batidas" which are supposed to be shots but are more like very small mixed drinks. They come in what looks like a taller version of a shot glass and they're made with fresh Brazilian fruit juices. Basically, if it's ladies night they're the perfect thing to order.

So colorful!
Since I had never ordered Japanese food before I decided to split something with Camila. We ordered a cone shaped piece of sushi that had salmon and rice in it, wrapped in seaweed and was fried. It was served split in 2 pieces topped with fried kale. I loved it.

You can see in the background one of the girls ordered a more typical sushi, but also fried. Warning: not to be eaten on first date, kale gets ALL UP IN YOUR TEETH.
After a lesson on what the difference was between a bouncy castle and a trampoline we headed to pick up Yuri and go back to Camila's for a churrasco. It was up on their terrace and there was a great view. It was a little rainy and pretty dark so I didn't get the greatest picture.

We watched soccer, had a few beers and ate amazing food. It was a great night, with even better company!



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment